One of the key messages in this article from EducationVotes.org is to stay politically informed, connected and active this summer as foundations are laid for the November 4 election. In Wisconsin, it is especially important because the November election will have an enormous impact on the future of public education, the future of our students, and the future of our work environments.
In addition to the great suggestions included in the article below, be sure also to stay informed specifically about Wisconsin elections this summer in these ways:
- Regularly check weac.org/elections and enter using the password that has been provided to WEAC members through WEAC In Print and WEAC Direct.
- Sign up to receive regular updates from WEAC on education news and the elections by going to weac.org/subscribe.
- Follow the WEAC Facebook page at facebook.com/MyWEAC and be sure to engage with the WEAC page by “liking” posts and entering comments. That way you are letting Facebook know you are interested in our posts and they are then more likely to show up in your news feed in the future. But because Facebook now makes it more difficult for us to get our posts in your news feed even if you are engaging with us, go directly to the WEAC Facebook page frequently to ensure you see our posts.
- Bookmark m.weac.org on your mobile device.
- Follow WEAC on Twitter at Twitter.com/WEAC.
- Go to weac.org/socialmedia to find more social media links.